As of today, youtube is one of the most popular video-sharing platforms where loads of content are available, Whether it is educational, music, blog, or any other category you name.
More than 122 million people use youtube daily, so you know how popular it is now.
But have you ever encountered where you have a stable internet connection on your pc, but it says you are offline? Which can be really frustrating.
The solution to “YouTube says I’m offline on PC” can be done in various ways.
In this post, we will discuss “Youtube Offline Problem Pc” and how to fix them, so read along while we inform you about how to solve them.
You may be interested to read Above 4G Decode: Enabling High-Speed Performance. Can I Use My Laptop as a Monitor for PS4? – Guide Included.
What Causes the “You’re Offline. Check Your Connection” Error on YouTube PC?
There are multiple aspects that can cause this problem and show your youtube that there is an error that doesn’t go away even if you try refreshing it multiple times. Which can be really frustrating. So let’s see what can cause this problem to your PC
1. Poor or unstable internet connection
The actual reason your pc shows that you are offline is because your pc doesn’t have a stable internet connection. If you don’t have a steady connection or it’s problematic, then your pc can show that “you are offline, Check your connection”.
2. Your Carrier Data Is Over
If your pc is running on carrier data rather than Wi-Fi, then if the data is over, you will get disconnected from the internet, which will show that “you are offline, check your connection” on the youtube webpage.
3. Issues with your Wi-Fi connection
One of the issues associated with this problem is your internet service provider is down, that’s why your pc can’t access the internet. Or sometimes your router gets in the way too, which can display no internet connection on your pc.
4. Your browser is not updated.
If your pc is using an outdated version of a browser like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge can cause the youtube page to malfunction. Which can show you that “you are offline, check your internet connection.”
5. Corrupted cache data
When the cache data or cookies in your browser get corrupted, it can make your browser not work properly. This can result in seeing a message like “you are offline, check your connection.” on your youtube webpage.
6. VPN or Proxy Server
If you are using VPN or proxy server on your computer or in your browser, the connection may get interrupted, which can malfunction to load your youtube webpage resulting in the offline error message. Most of the time, a VPN makes your network connection slower, which can make your video not load at all.
Fixed: “You’re Offline. Check Your Connection” on YouTube
There are several ways you can fix your offline message problem. Here is a list of things you can do to solve your problem.
- Check If Your Internet Connection is working properly.
- Sign out of your YouTube account, then sign back in
- Refresh the YouTube website page.
- Disconnect and Reconnect to Your Network from your pc.
- Check Airplane Mode in the notification panel.
- Restart your computer and try again to recess the youtube page.
- Fix the incorrect date in your computer time settings.
- Clear Your Browser’s Cache
- Update Your YouTube App or Update Your Browser
- Disable VPN, Proxy, and any ad-blocking
- Check if your internet connection and network adapter are working correctly.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
If, after doing all of that and it still doesn’t get fixed, here is a more advanced solution to follow
When you see the “You Are Offline, Check Your Connection” message on the YouTube webpage, you should check your internet connection first.
Make sure your pc is connected to the internet, and you have a stable connection. You can try resetting your router or modem if you’re having trouble connecting to the web.
Here are some steps to follow:
- If you’re using a Wi-Fi connection, check the signal strength to make sure it’s strong and stable.
- Once you’ve ensured you have a stable connection and it doesn’t work, try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network if possible. Also, check if any other devices are using your internet connection in the background.
- Sometimes, having multiple devices or computers connected to the same network can slow down the connection. In such issues, try disconnecting all other devices or computers from the network and see if the problem is with connection speed and solves the problem.
By following these steps, you can troubleshoot the “You Are Offline, Check Your Connection” error on YouTube and get back to watching videos.
2. Sign out of your YouTube account, then sign back in
You can sign in and out from your youtube account, which can solve your issue. Here is how to sign out and sign in to youtube step by step:
- Open YouTube in your web browser or app on your pc.
- Look for your profile picture or avatar in the top-right corner and click on it.
- Select “Sign out” or “Sign out of YouTube” from the menu.
- You’ll be logged out, and the page will refresh.
- Now Click on your profile picture or avatar again.
- Choose “Sign in” or “Sign in to YouTube.”
- Enter your YouTube account details (email/username and password).
- Click “Sign in.”
- You’re now signed back into your YouTube account.
Try to see if it works to solve the issue.
3. Refresh the YouTube website page
Simply refresh your youtube web page.
By clicking the reload button placed beside the link, you can reload the webpage, which may solve the issue with your youtube webpage. Check if it’s working or not.
4. Disconnect and Reconnect to Your Network from your pc
In this process, go to your navigation bar, simply turn off your Wi-Fi by clicking on it and click again to turn it on. That’s how you can reconnect to your network and may solve your issue with the offline error text.
5. Check Airplane Mode
Checking airplane mode is a must when you are browsing on the internet because airplane mode disables any wireless connection from your pc, which can be your internet connection too.
Check if your airplane mode is on. If yes, simply turn it off and try to access your network by turning it on.
Now see if it helps to solve the offline error on the youtube webpage on your pc.
6. Restart your computer and try again to recess the youtube page.
If reconnecting to your network doesn’t work, try restarting your pc.
Click on your Windows start button on the left below on your pc and click on the power icon.
Then you will find a restart option; click on it when your pc restarts, try accessing the youtube webpage, and see if it worked.
7. Fix the incorrect date in your computer time settings
Check the time on your pc. If it’s not right, it can be the reason behind the offline error message on youtube.
Go to your settings and click on the time and language option.
After that, you can manually change your time or click on the “set time automatically” option. Now check if the problem is solved.
8. Clear Your Browser’s Cache
If your webpage continuously shows you the “You Are Offline Check Your Connection” error on YouTube, clearing your browser’s cache might help resolve the issue.
You can try clearing your browsing data and cache on your browser. On a computer that’s connected to the internet, you just need to go to the menu bar, select “History,” and then select “Clear Browsing Data” from the dropdown menu.
The screen will show you various options. From there, you can decide which data you want to delete. Select “clear cookies and other site data” and “cached images and file”, Give it a try and see if it helps you watch YouTube without the internet connection error.
9. Update Your YouTube App or Update Your Browser
If you are facing the “You’re Offline. Check Your Connection” problem on youtube, maybe it’s because the youtube app or browser is outdated.
To fix this issue, you must update your browser or app to the latest available version.
Check for updates on the Microsoft store if you have Windows or the Mac app store if you are using Macbook. Simply click the update option and when it’s installed, fully restart your device and see if the offline error problem is fixed on youtube.
It is also recommended that you need to sign in and sign out after you have updated your browser or app.
10. Disable VPN, Proxy, and any ad-blocking
If you have VPN or proxy turned on your device, it can interfere with your device’s internet connection.
To fix this issue, Check if your device is connected to a VPN or a proxy is enabled. If yes, disable them.
Now try browsing youtube on your pc. Your pc may not show the error message this time.
11. Check if your internet connection and network adapter are working correctly.
If all of the procedures mentioned above don’t work, maybe the reason behind this error is your router or adapter.
See if your router is emitting green light. If it’s emitting red light instead of green. Try to switch it off, then turn it on. You can restart your router from the router control app too.
Contact Google Support
If none of the solutions mentioned above doesn’t work for fixing the “You’re Offline. Check Your Connection” error on youtube, you can contact Google support for advanced support from Google.
People at Google will look up the problem for you and fix any troubleshooting Problems.
Can youtube be blocked on the Wi-Fi network?
Sometimes the problem with your pc can be due to blocking on router settings. Router has an option where you can block any site that you don’t want anyone to use. Check if your router has blocked the youtube site on it.
You can simply unblock it by clicking it. But if you don’t have access to your router and someone else has it, you can follow these tips to use youtube even after youtube is restricted. The following options are:
Using a Proxy: By using a proxy or VPN on your device, you can bypass the restriction set by your router and have access to youtube.
Using Your Phone as a Wireless Hotspot: you can use your phone as a wireless hotspot to connect your pc and bypass the restriction on the youtube webpage.
Finding Alternative Video Sites: there are many more alternative video sites rather than youtube where you can watch and stream videos. Here is a list of them:
- Internet Archives Video Section.
- 9GAG TV.
“You’re Offline. Check Your Connection” error can be a really frustrating issue to deal with. Especially when you are stuck with a study project or a cooking recipe, now you need information about it.
We have researched and gathered information about it and found out how you can solve the issue by following some procedures mentioned above.
Each problem has different solutions based on the problem you are facing. You can find the solution by reading the solutions above based on the problem you are facing.
If all fails, you can contact Google support about your problem. They can find a solution for you by using troubleshooting methods.
Hopefully, you can enjoy your content streaming without any issues.